The initial design work for each REDI project must be submitted to NYS by February 14, 2020. This means that we will be working these projects aggressively over the winter. To keep residents up to date a separate section has been created on our web site. You will find conceptual renderings of what is proposed there now. More information will follow as it is available.
Construction of each of these projects must be permitted and for most projects, the water needs to be lower. Though it is hoped that some of the revetment projects can be done over the summer, it is likely that the fall will see lots of activity.
The most current conceptual REDI project information is available at
Some primary property owners have received denials from Sheen Housing. It seems the rules are different in 2019 from 2017. Make sure Senator Helming and Assemblyman Manktelow know of your issues. They continue to fight hard on our behalf. A reminder to secondary homeowners, your applications are due December 10th.
The business program is now open for applications. You will find it here https://esd.ny.gov/sites/default/files/LakeOntario%20BRP%20App%26Guidelines_11.21.19.pdf
There are still many questions regarding how this program will be administered but it is important to get your applications completed.
We clearly lost ground with our water levels in the month of November. Our level today is 246.06, the same level we were at on October 24th. The announcement late last week that the commissioners have given the River Board authority to deviate from the plan through June 2020 may be helpful. They have had this authority since last June as long as the water levels exceeded the trigger levels. That has been the case for most of that time and most of us believe more water could have been let out. They now have the authority regardless of the trigger levels. After a discussion with members of the River Board and the commissioners, I expect an announcement of a plan for the winter months very soon. We have tentatively been told that prior to ice formation they are planning to go to 500 cm/s over the L limit. To date, they have capped that at 200 cm/s. They also plan to exceed the I limit after ice formation in 100 cm/s increments. The final part of the proposed plan will be to delay shipping a few weeks in the spring. Hopefully, we will see a formal announcement very soon. The L limit, I limit and F limit is all a part of Plan 2014. If you want to learn more there are some great videos on YouTube. The most straight forward one I have seen to date is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zep-tRBE5_w
Brush pick up is completed for the year. The brush dump area will be closed for the winter on December 1st. We hope to pick up leaves again next week after the nice few days.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out.