Cut and paste your content here!
- Community Center & Schedules
- Faith Communities
- Community Organizations
- Neighborhood Association (NASP)
- Community Events - you're invited
- ANNUAL EVENTS
- July 3rd Independence Day Extravaganza
- Labor Day Fireworks and Car Parade
- Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum
- Sodus Point Ice Rink
- Sodus Point Beach Park
- Sodus Bay Community Boating Center at SBJSA
- Sill Landing Kayak and Canoe Launch
- Macyville Woods Nature Preserve
- Fish Sodus Bay - Fishing Reports
About Our Village
In and Around the Area
- My Government
- Contact Village
- Online Payments Water & Sewer / Taxes
- Forms and Fees
- Flood Emergency Contact Form
- Freedom of Information Law Requests FOIL
- Village Close Dates
- Speed Limit, Dogs, Wildlife and Other Local Laws
- FAQ - Village
- Mayor and Village Trustees
- 2020 Board Meeting Schedule
- Village Board Meetings live
- Meeting Calendar
- Village Meeting Minutes
- Code of Ethics
- Tax Rolls
- NYS Comptroller's Report
- Wayne County Property Tax Search
- Assessor's Office (Town of Sodus)
- Tax Rates
- Village Budgets
- Annual Budget Process
- Highway Trees & Parks
- Brush Schedule and Guidelines
- Wastewater Department
- Water Department
- Fire Department - Call 911
- Silver Water Ambulance - Call 911
- Sodus Point Economic Development
- Job Application
- Wayne County Sheriff
- Animal Control 315-483-6311
- State and Federal Representatives
DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Code Enforcement Office
- Fee Schedule
- Zoning Districts Village of Sodus Point
- CEO Office 315-310-0534
- Village Code Book
- Zoning Code Section 190
- 190-11 Denisity Control - Setbacks
- 190-8 Permitted Uses In Districts
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Forms & Required Permits
- Zoning & Planning
- Zoning Districts
- LWRP - Master Plan
- Downtown Vision Plan
- Sodus Bay Waterfront Initiative
- Great Sodus Bay Harbor Management Plan
- Village Planning Board
- Planning Board Minutes
- Waterfront Assessment Form
- Planning 1st and 3rd Mondays
- Planning and Zoning Meeting Notices
- What is the Zoning Board of Appeals?
- Zoning Board Minutes
- What is a Variance?
- Understanding Hardships
- Zoning 2nd and 4th Mondays
Zoning Board of Appeals
Grant Funded Projects
- Public Notices
- What is the IJC Plan 2014?
- Water Levels Daily - USACE
- Great Lakes Water Levels Updates - USACE
- Lake Ontario Water Levels Forecast (Month) USACE
- IJC - Weekly Regulation Summary
- IJC - Lake Ontario Outflows
Water Levels - links to IJC & USACE
Legal Notices & More
Village Update May 18, 2020
May 18, 2020
Thankfully we did not get the 3+ inches of rain forecast over the weekend. We remain optimistic that we will avoid deploying pumps and a speed limit on the bay. The next few weeks will tell the story. The outflow was reduced a bit last week to benefit navigation. We are now at 9,800 cm/s. The water levels appear down a bit from last week. Today’s official numbers are not yet posted.
· Brush pickup is suspended until further notice. The brush dump on Featherly Drive remains open for self-service. Please do not put material next to the street. We will notify you when this resumes.
· The basketball court next to the village hall closes at 8 pm daily. Please be considerate.
The kayak launch on South Ontario Street was damaged over the weekend. As a result, it is closed until we can get repairs made.
The Featherly Drive revetment project was completed last week. If you drive down you will see a tremendous amount of stone that will now protect our waterfront in that area. In the last few years, we have lost all of the land that you now see covered in rock.
The ‘early action’ work on the REDI Beach Dune continues. All the sand was delivered to the county park last week. About half of it was placed by the county workers. This week our highway department is taking over. As soon as the berm is built, the posts for the fencing will be installed. This coming weekend, the Beach Advisory Committee will hold a safe ‘beach grass planting’ event. If you are interested, please sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sodus-point-beach-grass-planting-tickets-105807904290 This event is limited to 24 people due to COVID restrictions. The fencing and beach grass will hold the sand in place and begin to capture the blowing sand from the north.
Please take a few minutes soon to complete the 2020 census. Census data is very important for our area. It helps to determine how much federal and state money we get and it helps form our legislative districts. You can access the census at https://2020census.gov/.
The village offices will remain closed to the public until at least Phase 2. All village employees are back to normal work hours and will continue to ready the village for summer. Feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns.
Please practice social distancing and stay safe so we can continue to open!