- Community Center & Schedules
- Faith Communities
- Community Organizations
- Neighborhood Association (NASP)
- Community Events - you're invited
- ANNUAL EVENTS
- July 3rd Independence Day Extravaganza
- Labor Day Fireworks and Car Parade
- Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum
- Sodus Point Ice Rink
- Sodus Point Beach Park
- Sodus Bay Community Boating Center at SBJSA
- Sill Landing Kayak and Canoe Launch
- Macyville Woods Nature Preserve
- Fish Sodus Bay - Fishing Reports
About Our Village
In and Around the Area
- My Government
- Contact Village
- Online Payments Water & Sewer / Taxes
- Forms and Fees
- Flood Emergency Contact Form
- Freedom of Information Law Requests FOIL
- Village Close Dates
- Speed Limit, Dogs, Wildlife and Other Local Laws
- FAQ - Village
- Mayor and Village Trustees
- 2020 Board Meeting Schedule
- Village Board Meetings live
- Meeting Calendar
- Village Meeting Minutes
- Code of Ethics
- Tax Rolls
- NYS Comptroller's Report
- Wayne County Property Tax Search
- Assessor's Office (Town of Sodus)
- Tax Rates
- Village Budgets
- Annual Budget Process
- Highway Trees & Parks
- Brush Schedule and Guidelines
- Wastewater Department
- Water Department
- Fire Department - Call 911
- Silver Water Ambulance - Call 911
- Sodus Point Economic Development
- Job Application
- Wayne County Sheriff
- Animal Control 315-483-6311
- State and Federal Representatives
DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Code Enforcement Office
- Fee Schedule
- Zoning Districts Village of Sodus Point
- CEO Office 315-310-0534
- Village Code Book
- Zoning Code Section 190
- 190-11 Denisity Control - Setbacks
- 190-8 Permitted Uses In Districts
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Forms & Required Permits
- Zoning & Planning
- Zoning Districts
- LWRP - Master Plan
- Downtown Vision Plan
- Sodus Bay Waterfront Initiative
- Great Sodus Bay Harbor Management Plan
- Village Planning Board
- Planning Board Minutes
- Waterfront Assessment Form
- Planning 1st and 3rd Mondays
- Planning and Zoning Meeting Notices
- What is the Zoning Board of Appeals?
- Zoning Board Minutes
- What is a Variance?
- Understanding Hardships
- Zoning 2nd and 4th Mondays
Zoning Board of Appeals
Grant Funded Projects
- Public Notices
- What is the IJC Plan 2014?
- Water Levels Daily - USACE
- Great Lakes Water Levels Updates - USACE
- Lake Ontario Water Levels Forecast (Month) USACE
- Residential flood prevention
- IJC - Weekly Regulation Summary
- IJC - Lake Ontario Outflows
Water Levels - links to IJC & USACE
Legal Notices & More
NYS Coastal Review
What is Consistency Review?
The Department of State (DOS), as the agency responsible for administering the New York State Coastal Management Program (NYS CMP) (pdf) is committed to balancing competing land and water uses in the coastal zone. Consistency Review is the tool which enables the DOS to manage coastal uses and resources while facilitating cooperation and coordination with involved State, federal and local agencies. The “consistency” of a proposed activity with the NYS CMP is determined through a set of coastal policies and procedures designed to enable appropriate economic development while advancing the protection and preservation of ecological, cultural, historic, recreational, and esthetic values.
More information about the NYS CMP is available within the NYS CMP and Final Environmental Impact Statement.
Click here for more information about the regulatory context of consistency review.
Q: How can I determine if my project is in the coastal area?
A: The Coastal Boundary Map contains a visual approximation of New York’s Coastal Area Boundary. This map has been designed using the Google Map application for ease of use, and instructions for using the map are available here. The official boundaries of the coastal area are available from the New York State GIS Clearinghouse.
Q: What are the State’s coastal waters and inland waterways?
A: Coastal waters and inland waterways are defined in New York State Executive Law, Article 42, Section 911.
Q: If my project is located in the state’s coastal area, does it need to be reviewed by the Department of State?
A: If your project requires a permit or other regulatory approval from a federal agency, or involves federal financial assistance, a consistency review by the Department of State will likely be required.
Q: What is involved in a consistency certification and obtaining a consistency determination from the Department of State prior to receiving a federal permit?
A: A copy of all federal application materials should be submitted to the Department of State at the same time they are sent to the federal permitting agency. The applicant certifies to the federal agency and the Department of State that the project complies and is consistent with the New York State Coastal Management Program. No federal agency can issue a permit for a project affecting New York’s coastal area until the Department concurs with the consistency certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Alterations, improvements and remodeling of garages; carports; all sheds; roofing; siding; decks; porches; stairs; fences; swimming pools in which the water depth is two feet or greater; heating systems (new and replacement); hot tubs; fire suppression systems; fire alarm systems; solid fuel burning appliances; gas-fired decorative appliances; parking lots.
- Fences require a permit and planning board approval, this includes a hedgerow (living fence.)
- Any roofing work requires a permit
- Demolition of any structure requires a permit
- Sheds or other outdoors structures require a permit and may require Planning and Zoning Board approval
- Garage sales must be concluded within seven days, with the exception of nonprofit organizations, and may be held no more than twice a year.
- Boats which are not seaworthy or which have been abandoned may not be left in public view for more than 12 months
- Names and addresses of adjoining properties are required on your building permit
The Village of Sodus Point meeting starts at 6:30 P.M. Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/419552749 Meeting ID: 419 552 749, PWD 434157 One tap mobile +16465588656,,419552749# US (New York)Current Weather RadarContact Us
Village Clerk email@example.com
Mayor Dave McDowell
Monday, August 17th
Monday, August 17th
Monday, September 14th
Monday, October 13th
Monday, October 26th (Last Day of Brush)
Monday, November 16-20th (Leaf Week)
Brush and leaf Collection may be required past the final scheduled date as determined by department head, however all collection ends on Friday, November 29. Christmas tree collection upon request.REDI Projects
No scheduled meetings