Monday, April 8th
Monday, April 22nd
Monday, May 13th
Tuesday, May 28th
Monday, June 10th
Monday, July 8th
- Community Center & Schedules
- Faith Communities
- Community Organizations
- Neighborhood Association (NASP)
- Community Events - you're invited
- ANNUAL EVENTS
- July 3rd Independence Day Extravaganza
- Labor Day Fireworks and Car Parade
- Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum
- Sodus Point Beach Park
- Sodus Bay Community Boating Center at SBJSA
- Kayak and Canoe Launch – South Ontario
- Macyville Woodland Nature Preserve
- Fish Sodus Bay - Fishing Reports
About Our Village
In and Around the Area
- My Government
- Contact Village
- Online Payments Water & Sewer / Taxes
- Forms and Fees
- Flood Emergency Contact Form
- Freedom of Information Law Requests FOIL
- Village Close Dates
- Speed Limit, Dogs, Wildlife and Other Local Laws
- FAQ - Village
- Mayor and Village Trustees
- 2019 Board Meeting Schedule
- Village Meeting Calendar
- Village Meeting Minutes
- Code of Ethics
- Village Hall Proposal
- Village Hall Survey - FINAL RESULTS
- Village Hall Feasibility Study
- Village Hall Conceptual Drawings
- Village Hall Site Selection Matrix
- Rendering of Village Hall Bay Street
- Tax Roll 2018
- NYS Comptroller's Report
- Wayne County Property Tax Search
- Assessor's Office (Town of Sodus)
- Tax Rates
- Village Budgets
- Annual Budget Process
- Highway Trees & Parks
- Brush Schedule and Guidelines
- Wastewater Department
- Water Department
- Fire Department - Call 911
- Silver Water Ambulance - Call 911
- Sodus Point Economic Development
- Job Application
- Wayne County Sheriff
- Animal Control 315-483-6311
- State and Federal Representatives
DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Code Enforcement Office
- Fee Schedule
- Zoning Districts Village of Sodus Point
- CEO Office 315-553-2695
- Village Code Book
- Zoning Code Section 190
- 190-11 Denisity Control - Setbacks
- 190-8 Permitted Uses In Districts
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Forms & Required Permits
- Zoning & Planning
- Zoning Districts
- LWRP - Master Plan
- Downtown Vision Plan
- Sodus Bay Waterfront Initiative
- Great Sodus Bay Harbor Management Plan
- Village Planning Board
- Planning Board Minutes
- Waterfront Assessment Form
- Planning 1st and 3rd Mondays
- Planning and Zoning Meeting Notices
- What is the Zoning Board of Appeals?
- Zoning Board Minutes
- What is a Variance?
- Understanding Hardships
- Zoning 2nd and 4th Mondays
Zoning Board of Appeals
Grant Funded Projects
- Public Notices
- October 24 2019 Village Updates
- October 10 2019 Village Update
- October 2nd Village Update
- September 19th, 2019 Village Update
- What is the Vision?
- What is the IJC Plan 2014?
- Water Levels Daily - USACE
- Great Lakes Water Levels Updates - USACE
- Lake Ontario Water Levels Forecast (Month) USACE
- IJC - Weekly Regulation Summary
- IJC - Lake Ontario Outflows
Mayor McDowell Village Updates
Water Levels - links to IJC & USACE
Planning and Zoning Notices
Brush Schedule and Guidelines
2019 Brush Schedule And Guidelines
Generally, brush will be collected twice monthly during the months of April, May, September, October and November.
Monday, April 8th
Monday, August 12th
Monday, September 9th
Monday, September 23rd
Tuesday, October 15th
Monday, October 29th
Tuesday, November 12th
2019 Brush and leaf Collection ends on Wednesday, November 27
Christmas tree collection as needed
- Brush will be collected twice monthly during the months of April, May, September, October and November. These collections will occur on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. If a designated Monday is a holiday, collection will occur the Tuesday immediately following.
- Collections will occur once per month during the months of June, July, and August. These collections will be on the 2nd Monday of each month, with the same holiday provisions.
- Collections will occur as necessary and as weather permits in the remaining months of the year.
- Normal and usual Residential lawn, shrub and tree trimming debris will be removed by the Village. There is no intent to provide removal services for commercial enterprises or, for example, tree removal. Excessive levels of debris will be removed for obvious village housekeeping reasons, but excessive and unreasonable levels of-removal costs will be billed to the landowner. Excessive debris shall mean tree limbs greater than 8″ in diameter. The homeowner shall be given a minimum of 5 days written notice of the village’s intent to bill the removal cost to the homeowner.
- Leaves and Brush must be separated. Brush and limbs must be no longer than 6 feet and limbs less than 8″ in diameter. No garbage, trash, or building materials will be accepted. Plastic bagged material will not be accepted. Un-bagged grass clippings will be collected. Landscape contractors and tree surgeons are responsible for removal of their own debris.
- Brush must be placed at curbside no more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection date. It is understood that all debris from any property is placed directly in front of that property and on the same side of the street/road as that property. Violators will be subject to fines per Chapter 190 of the Zoning Law. Any individual placing brush on village property will be ticketed.
- The collection schedule will be adjusted as necessary for severe weather events.
- Autumn leaf collection will continue to be performed as required and not subject to the above schedule. Leaf collection will continue until November 15 (unless significant snowfall occurs earlier).
- It should be noted that any attempt to import brush or any other debris from outside the Village of Sodus Point for purposes of collection by village personnel will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The scheduled collection dates will be published yearly and copies will be available at the Village Hall throughout the year.
- The Village maintains a brush drop-off site at the old water plant on Featherly Drive for those residents who cannot adhere to the 48 hour prior to pick-up window for curbside collection. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or occupant to transport brush to this site.
The drop off location is behind the old water plantCurrent Weather RadarContact Us
Village Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayor Dave McDowell
email@example.comBrush ScheduleTuesday, November 12th - Brush pickup delayed due to plowing
Brush and leaf Collection ends on Wednesday, November 27 Christmas tree collection as neededWater Level Links
ATTN: links are not working, please use the Additional water level information can be found under the public notice tab. This area will be used for emergency water level information.
We are attempting to get these fixed.REDI ProjectsThis area will be used to post REDI meetings and Workshops