Monday, April 10
Monday, April 9
Monday, April 23
Monday, May 14
Monday, May 28
Monday, June 11
Monday, June 25
Monday, July 2
- Community Center & Schedules
- Faith Communities
- Community Organizations
- Neighborhood Association (NASP)
- Neighborhood Events
- July 3rd Independence Day Extravaganza
- Sodus Bay Community Sailing Center
- Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum
- Ice Skating in the Park
- Sodus Point Beach Park
About Our Village
In and Around the Area
- My Government
- Contact Village
- Forms and Fees
- FOIL Requests
- Village Close Dates
- Speed Limit, Dogs, Wildlife and Other Local Laws
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Emergency Contact Form
- Tax Rates
- Wayne County Property Tax Search
- Assessor's Office (Town of Sodus)
- 2018-2019 Budget
- 2017-2018 Budget
- NYS Comptroller's Report
DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Code Enforcement Office
- Fee Schedule
- Zoning Districts Village of Sodus Point
- CEO Office 315-553-2695
- Village Code Book
- Zoning Code Section 190
- 190-11 Denisity Control - Setbacks
- 190-8 Permitted Uses In Districts
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Forms & Required Permits
- Zoning & Planning
- Zoning Districts
- LWRP - Master Plan
- Downtown Vision Plan
- Sodus Bay Waterfront Initiative
- Great Sodus Bay Harbor Management Plan
- What is the Zoning Board of Appeals?
- Zoning Board Minutes
- What is a Variance?
- Understanding Hardships
Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoning and Planning Notices
- Public Notices
- Sign Up for E-blasts
- 12-03-2018 Village Organizational Meeting 4:00 P.M.
- Village Board Meeting 12-20 6:30
- 11-21-2018 Village Update from Mayor McDowell
- 11-08-2018 Village Update from Mayor McDowell
- 10-25-2018 Village Update – Mayor McDowell
- Water Levels Daily - USACE
- Great Lakes Water Levels Updates - USACE
- Lake Ontario Water Levels Forecast (Month) USACE
- IJC - Weekly Regulation Summary
- IJC - Lake Ontario Outflows
- Request for Qualifications – Village of Sodus Point Shoreline Protection Project
- RFP – Sodus Point Active Transportation Plan
Mayor McDowell Village Updates
Water Levels - links to IJC & USACE
Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Brush Schedule and Guidelines
Brush Schedule And Guidelines
Generally, brush will be collected twice monthly during the months of April, May, September, October and November.
Monday, April 10
Monday, July 9
Monday, August 13
Monday, September 10
Monday, September 24
Tuesday, October 9
Monday, October 22
Tuesday, November 13
Brush and leaf Collection ends on Wednesday, November 21
Christmas tree collection as needed
- Brush will be collected twice monthly during the months of April, May, September, October and November. These collections will occur on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. If a designated Monday is a holiday, collection will occur the Tuesday immediately following.
- Collections will occur once per month during the months of June, July, and August. These collections will be on the 2nd Monday of each month, with the same holiday provisions.
- Collections will occur as necessary and as weather permits in the remaining months of the year.
- Normal and usual Residential lawn, shrub and tree trimming debris will be removed by the Village. There is no intent to provide removal services for commercial enterprises or, for example, tree removal. Excessive levels of debris will be removed for obvious village housekeeping reasons, but excessive and unreasonable levels of-removal costs will be billed to the landowner. Excessive debris shall mean tree limbs greater than 8″ in diameter. The homeowner shall be given a minimum of 5 days written notice of the village’s intent to bill the removal cost to the homeowner.
- Leaves and Brush must be separated. Brush and limbs must be no longer than 6 feet and limbs less than 8″ in diameter. No garbage, trash, or building materials will be accepted. Plastic bagged material will not be accepted. Un-bagged grass clippings will be collected. Landscape contractors and tree surgeons are responsible for removal of their own debris.
- Brush must be placed at curbside no more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection date. It is understood that all debris from any property is placed directly in front of that property and on the same side of the street/road as that property. Violators will be subject to fines per Chapter 190 of the Zoning Law. Any individual placing brush on village property will be ticketed.
- The collection schedule will be adjusted as necessary for severe weather events.
- Autumn leaf collection will continue to be performed as required and not subject to the above schedule. Leaf collection will continue until November 15 (unless significant snowfall occurs earlier).
- It should be noted that any attempt to import brush or any other debris from outside the Village of Sodus Point for purposes of collection by village personnel will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The scheduled collection dates will be published yearly and copies will be available at the Village Hall throughout the year.
- The Village maintains a brush drop-off site at the old water plant on Featherly Drive for those residents who cannot adhere to the 48 hour prior to pick-up window for curbside collection. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or occupant to transport brush to this site.
The drop off location is behind the old water plantVILLAGE MEETINGS
November Village Meetings
Current Weather RadarContact
- December 3th 4:00 P.M. Organizational Meeting
- November 20th 6:30 P.M. Regular Board Meeting
Village Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayor Dave McDowell
Week of November 19th
The wastewater main repairs are now complete. The 49 lower manholes are also waterproofed. The 3 lower lift stations still need to be sealed in order to complete our flood remediation work to the wastewater system. The Village is working with engineers to make that happen.Highway Department continues snow removal as needed.Brush Schedule
Leaf collection was very short-lived due to the weather. The highway guys did come around this week and pick up what piles they could identify. We hope to be able to repeat that next week when the snow may be clear. Whatever leaves we do not get this fall we will get in the spring. Brush collection is over until April. Christmas tree collection as needed.