April 13, 2020
Water levels last Thursday were 246.99, nothing has been published since. We are clearly over 247 at this point. The outflows are 8,100 cm/s, down as of 4 pm today, down from 8,600 over the weekend. Friday’s weekly forecast indicated that the level will be just under 247.9 on May 11th. These forecasts have been much more accurate than in the past, hopefully, that continues. Based on all the information that we have, our goal is to have all the sandbagging completed by May 4th. If we can stay below 248 we will have little trouble.
We are working with Wayne County Emergency Management and NYS DHSES to get the additional sandbags needed as well as the personnel to place them. We are also exploring some alternatives to sandbags that will be much easier to deploy. COVID-19 is definitely impacting what we are able to do and with whom. We are fortunate in that many people have built up their walls, many others left their sandbags in place from last year, as requested, so our needs are less than previous years. We expect to start placing sandbags next week.
The IJC Commissioners hosted a webinar on Friday, April 3rd. If you are interested in hearing their presentation it can be found at this link: Watch Recording
The Fire Department has canceled its Mother’s Day Chicken BBQ due to COVID-19. The Pot-of-Gold has also been rescheduled. It will now be held on September 26th.
The South Ontario Street drainage project is nearing completion. The final pipework, site grading, and hydroseeding are scheduled to be done the week of May 4th. This project is over 20 years in the making and will help drain portions of Fitzhugh and Ontario Streets.
The village offices remain closed to the public. Essential work continues on the highway, water, and wastewater departments. The REDI projects continue to move forward. All the permitting agencies have the application for the stormwater system and they are reviewing that information. We expect the permit for the ‘early action’ on the dune project by the end of the week. We have just submitted a revised Engineering Report for Lakestones which has been approved. This revised report stays within the original budget. A revised report for White Birch was just submitted and is expected to be approved.
Please email your concerns or issues and we will do our best to address them promptly.
Our emails are:
Dave McDowell firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Durham email@example.com
Melanie Debadts firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Druschel CEO@soduspoint.info
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out.