- slider-tourism" width="4032" height="1986" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="off" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- slider5-trine" width="2200" height="837" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="off" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- slider19a" width="2200" height="1037" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="5" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- fireworks2-slide" width="2200" height="837" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="off" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- slider-beach" width="2200" height="837" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="off" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- 600" width="1284" height="600" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="off" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- first-day-of fall" width="2048" height="1251" data-bgposition="center center" data-bgfit="cover" data-bgrepeat="no-repeat" data-bgparallax="off" class="rev-slidebg" data-no-retina>
- Community Center & Schedules
- Faith Communities
- Community Organizations
- Neighborhood Association (NASP)
- Community Events - you're invited
- July 3rd Independence Day Extravaganza
- Sodus Bay Community Boating Center at SBJSA
- Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum
- Ice Skating in the Park
- Sodus Point Beach Park
About Our Village
In and Around the Area
- My Government
- Contact Village
- Forms and Fees
- FOIL Requests
- Village Close Dates
- Speed Limit, Dogs, Wildlife and Other Local Laws
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Emergency Contact Form
- Mayor and Village Trustees
- 2019 Board Meeting Schedule
- Village Meeting Calendar
- Village Meeting Minutes
- Code of Ethics
- Tax Rates
- Tax Role 2018
- NYS Comptroller's Report
- Wayne County Property Tax Search
- Assessor's Office (Town of Sodus)
- Village Budgets
- 2018-2019 Budget
- 2017-2018 Budget
DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Code Enforcement Office
- Fee Schedule
- Zoning Districts Village of Sodus Point
- CEO Office 315-553-2695
- Village Code Book
- Zoning Code Section 190
- 190-11 Denisity Control - Setbacks
- 190-8 Permitted Uses In Districts
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Forms & Required Permits
- Zoning & Planning
- Zoning Districts
- LWRP - Master Plan
- Downtown Vision Plan
- Sodus Bay Waterfront Initiative
- Great Sodus Bay Harbor Management Plan
- What is the Zoning Board of Appeals?
- Zoning Board Minutes
- What is a Variance?
- Understanding Hardships
Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoning and Planning Notices
- Public Notices
- Mayor's Updates January 16, 2019
- What is the Vision?
- January 3 - 2019 Village Update from Mayor McDowell
- Village Updates 12-20-2018
- Water Levels Daily - USACE
- Great Lakes Water Levels Updates - USACE
- Lake Ontario Water Levels Forecast (Month) USACE
- IJC - Weekly Regulation Summary
- IJC - Lake Ontario Outflows
Mayor McDowell Village Updates
Water Levels - links to IJC & USACE
Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Latest Village News
Brad Geffert is the interim leader of the Highway Department and he is doing a great job. He can be reached at the highway barn 315-483-8669.
News and Legal Notices
Before You Build
As per New York State law, building permits are required for work that must conform to the Uniform Building Codes, which includes: new residential, commercial and industrial buildings;additions to residential,commercial and industrial buildings;interior and exterior structural repairs;
Alterations, improvements and remodeling of existing structures; garages; carports; all sheds; roofing; siding; decks; porches; stairs; fences; swimming pools in which the water depth is two feet or greater; heating systems (new and replacement); hot tubs; fire suppression systems; fire alarm systems; solid fuel burning appliances; gas fired decorative appliances; parking lots; and demolition of all structures.
Building Permit Application
Waterfront Assessment (WAF)
NYS DEC SEQR Mapper
NY Department of State Coastal Review
This may be required
Planning & ZoningIf you are making a repair, with exception to a dock, fence, or seawall you will most likely not need Zoning and Planning board approval but will need a permit.
Putting up a Fence?All fences require a permit and need Planning Board approval. Refer to Chapter 121, Chapter 190 22(G.) and Residential properties in WC / LCR / I districts 190-19.
Roof Repair / Tear DownIf you are making a repair, or tearing down a roof a permit is required.
DEC / DOJ Joint Form
Building Demolition Form
The Village is in an Archeological Sensitive area.
Code Enforcement Officer
Village of Sodus Point Officer Hours: Noon to 4:00 P.M. M-F
From Mayor McDowell
Village Update – January 16, 2019
I am sending this out a day early since we were late in getting the public hearing details on our web site. They are there now. We have 3 public hearings beginning at 6:15 tomorrow (Thursday) night. The first is the annual tax cap override law. We pass this every year in the event we have to go above the cap. That has only happened once since there has been a cap and we do not expect it to occur for the 2019-2020 budget. The budget workshops begin on January 29th at 4:30.
The second public hearing deals with our sewer law and the payback of loans associated with the wastewater system. We will pay off the loan for the control system update and the generators this month. The law that allowed us to collect money for that loan is very specific and must now be amended to allow us to collect for the loan we secured to rehabilitate the plant itself. This will result in a slight reduction in that line item on your January and July water bills going forward.
to tear down and rebuild on the existing site. That input, the feedback received privately from many, the information from our architects, our engineers, a few developers and our financial advisors will now be used to create a formal proposal to be vetted by the board and the public. That will likely take a few weeks as it needs to be very detailed to reduce assumptions and provide a clear path forward. The board is well aware of keeping the tax rate as low as possible.
The third deals with parking on Greig St from November 1 through March 31 annually. This is being done to address the emergency situation created last year by the great ice fishing. We have made arrangements with Sodus Bay Yacht Club (SBYC) for ice fisherman to park there.
The ice rink is ready and the tape is coming down today. We will have a porta-potty there soon. We look forward to everyone enjoying some winter fun.
We continue to work toward a formal proposal for the Village hall. We are working with our financial advisors to confirm our analysis that it will not impact the tax rate. We are also working through the specific issues that each site presents, some obvious and some that need to be teased out. When the proposal is ready it will be posted on the web site and be an agenda item for the board meeting. Nothing can be signed until the village board considers a proposal and votes to support it. Much of what you can read in social media contains erroneous assumptions.
If you are following the water levels you know that we are about an inch higher than last year at this time. We will have high water this year, how high will depend upon the winter and spring weather. The outflows have just been reduced to support ice formation. The continued cold will help us as once ice is formed they will increase the outflows again. We have been meeting with Wayne County Emergency Management and have plans in place if needed. I will go into more detail in future e-blasts.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Dmcdowell@SodusPoint.infoVILLAGE MEETINGSPublic Hearing information
January 17th 6:15 P.M. - Tax Cap Override
6:20 P.M. - Modification Sewer Law 145-54
6:25 P.M. - Modification Vehicle and Traffic Law
6:30 P.M. Regular Board Meeting
January 29th 4:30 P.M. Budget MeetingAll persons wishing to be heard regarding the adoption of this Local Law will be provided and opportunity at said meeting.Current Weather RadarContact
Village Clerk email@example.com
Mayor Dave McDowell
The Village crews will be working on the ice rink installation and the Highway Department continues snow removal as needed.Brush Schedule
Christmas tree pickup will be throughout late December / January as needed.